GETTING MARRIED AT HOPE
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding ceremony and marriage!
If you would like a Hope Church pastor to officiate your wedding, please review the guidelines below and take your first step today!
1. Complete the pre-marriage questionnaire
This is a short form which helps us get to know you, and get some preliminary information about your relationship and wedding plans.
After you and your fiancee have submitted your questionnaire, depending on your familiarity with your requested officiating pastor, we may schedule for you to have an initial sit-down meeting with your officiating pastor to get to know you better and find out more about your Christian faith and the nature of your relationship.
2. Coordinate logistical details
Once you and your fiancee have submitted the pre-marriage questionnaire, please email us (using the link below) as early as possible to
- Ensure that your requested officiating pastor is available for your wedding date
- Coordinate other key details with your officiating pastor (e.g. obtaining a marriage license, rehearsal details, etc…)
- Allow adequate time to schedule and complete the pre-marriage seminar
3. Participate in a pre-marriage mini-course, “Preparation for Marriage”
In this 3-session mini-course, you will meet at a pastor’s home with a small group of fellow engaged couples to examine foundational marriage truths from God’s word. The seminar will explore how God’s institution of marriage differs from contemporary cultural views, the role of the Spirit in killing our
4. Meet with the officiating pastor to finalize logistical details
A few weeks prior to your wedding, you will be scheduled to meet with the officiating pastor to finalize logistical details (e.g. wedding rehearsal, reception, etc…) surrounding your wedding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is there a fee for a Hope Church pastor to officiate my wedding?
There is no set fee. However, we kindly suggest an honorarium of $100 – $300 for the officiating pastor. However, if you are in notable financial hardship, no honorarium is necessary.
2. What considerations must be made if my wedding is out of town?
Some pastors will perform out-of-town weddings, while others will not. If you are having an out-of-town wedding, please ensure to confirm your officiating pastor’s availability as early as possible by emailing Winnie Evans.
Additionally, we kindly ask that you make arrangements or cover extra costs for any necessary travel expenses and accommodations, and provide clear directions and the precise address to the wedding facility.
3. Where can I get a marriage license?
You can personally obtain a marriage license from your local municipality.
More information can be found at https://www.ontario.ca/page/getting-married
4. What considerations must be made for my wedding rehearsal and reception dinner?
Your officiating pastor will generally conduct the wedding rehearsal at the agreed-upon rehearsal time. Regretfully, pastors are not always available to attend rehearsal dinners and receptions. It is our sincere hope that such inability is not taken as an offence.